[ITP] libgcrypt-1.2.0-2

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Fri Oct 1 15:51:00 GMT 2004

Hi!

> Sorry, my fault, misread your repliy.  I already described why I don't
> do it dynamically.  Anyway, what is the problem with the great patches?
>
> You can open an editor and search for +++ and you'll see that the
> interesting files are always Makefile.am & configure.in.
>
> Patchfiles are not for reading, though.
>
> What you can do is: open the buildscript of any package and add the
> following to the mkpatch function: -x 'Makefile.am' -x 'configure' \
> -x 'ltmain.sh' -x 'aclocal.m4' -x 'config.sub' -x 'missing' and so on,
> then you'll get a patchfile with only the relevant changes.  What about
> including a function in the g-b-s to create such a small patch in
> CYGWIN-PATCHES and deliver this minimal patch too?
At least for libgcrypt, libgpg-error and gnupg you can do:

$ ./<package-name>.sh prep
$ ./<package-name>.sh conf
$ ./<package-name>.sh devspkg

In <package-name>-src.dev.tar.bz2 you will then find the bare,
short patch without the autotool stuff.

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D