Urgent wording change needed for setup.exe

Robert McNulty Junior bobbymcn@bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 20 21:08:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 05:17:33PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>

>>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>I thought the internet was redundant, too, but I thought if I didn't
>>>include the word "internet" someone would insist that it was needed.
>>>
>>>I think that "do not install" is misleading, though.  It gives the
>>>impression that the files should not be installed.  Isn't "Download
>>>Without Installing" adequate?
>>>

>>It's slightly less emphatic to my mind, but yes, it is adequate, so that's
>>what I'll commit.
>>

>It is slightly less emphatic.
>
>Another option is "Download, will not install" but that changes the tense
>of the page.
>
>Another option is to change the first option to "Download and Install"
>and the second to "Download Only" just to make it really clear what is
>going on.
>
>cgf

Change the behavior so Setup does not install immieadly after you
download the Distribution.
I see this in every scenario since it first came out.
That dang "Install from Internet" is there every time.
Its installing right after downloading. I hate that.
Look what happened this time. I was using "Install froim Internet" and
look at what it caused.
days of frustration. All because of an outdated setup.exe.
It needs work.