(TRY 2) Re: many complaints about setup and X

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Sat Nov 13 17:25:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:47:20PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Are any of the setup.exe developers attempting to get to the bottom of
>the problems that have been reported lately when installing X?
>
>I see that Igor is attempting to help but it seems like we're seeing
>an increasing number of people complaining about this and it would be
>nice if someone could try to get to the bottom of the problem.

Any possibility that someone could take a look at what seems to be a
nasty setup.exe problem?  There is lots of discussion in cygwin-xfree.
It's mainly under the subject "xorg installation fails, 99% complete only".

cgf