setup RFC: Ditch homegrown http/ftp code and use a library?

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Sat Nov 13 10:26:00 GMT 2004

John Morrison wrote:
> If you are worried about the size of setup, would it help to move
> /cygwin.bat and /cygwin.ico into base-files?  I've an update going out for
> this soon and it would be little/no trouble...  (I could even rename them
> to have a captial 'C' so they don't clash with /cygdrive ;)

It would probably only save a few KB.
However, I think base-files would be a far more appropriate place for these
to live. They are used in setup.exe's shortcut creation, though, so I think
we should delay the move until we can transfer the shortcut creation to
base-files too.

Max.