[GTG] Re: Ready for test: patchutils 0.2.28

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Sat Mar 13 04:08:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Max Bowsher wrote:

> A long time ago, I packaged patchutils 0.2.26, uploaded them to personal
> webspace for testing, and... forgot to tell anyone about it. Oops!
>
> I've just updated to the latest upstream version (0.2.28).
>
> Packages are available here:
>
> Setup URL:
> http://centaur.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/cygwin
>
> Individual URLs:
> http://centaur.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/cygwin/cygdist/patchutils/patchutils-0.2.28-1.tar.bz2
> http://centaur.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/cygwin/cygdist/patchutils/patchutils-0.2.28-1-src.tar.bz2
>
> Please take a look at the packaging, and let me know if they are good to
> upload.
>
> Thanks,
> Max.

Max,

Here's a quick look at packaging: everything looks fine -- the binaries
work and are stripped, the directory structure is great, the sources build
perfectly.  There are four minor nits (below), but otherwise I'd say this
is good to go.

1) The binary package contains an empty /etc/postinstall directory.
2) The original source tarball in the source package is executable.
3) When building, the link stage produces this message for each program:
'Info: resolving _optarg by linking to __imp__optarg (auto-import)'.
4) Giving the "install" option to the build script produces a message
": Not found".

(1) can be alleviated by using the CVS version of generic-build-script.
I'm not certain, but I think (2) and (4) might be as well.  (3) can be
ignored, IMO.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/