Coreutils musings...

Mark Blackburn marklist@fangorn.ca
Wed Mar 10 05:17:00 GMT 2004

Mark Blackburn wrote:

> I tried compiling coreutils-5.2.0 and I didn't see many problems with
> that. Another problem I see is that coreutils will cause conflicts
> with other packages: textutils, sh-utils and fileutils. Obviously
> coreutils is intended to replace these packages so these packages
> would need to be withdrawn if coreutils was included with cygwin.

Feel free to ignore this posting.

I didn't search the archives for coreutils before sending this message
(sorry). I was mainly looking for confirmation that coreutils was
intended to replace all three of the *utils packages and it's obvious
from the archives that this is the case.

I'll research the archives more thoroughly before posting about
coreutils again.

Mark Blackburn