Gerrit: plans for Gnome 2.6

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Wed Jul 7 08:41:00 GMT 2004

Yaakov wrote:

> What are your plans for building the rest of Gnome 2.6?  I would like to
> contribute -- I already have a few packages posted at
> http://cygwin-ports.sourceforge.net/ with more coming -- but I don't
> want to duplicate efforts.  Basically, what are you working on now, and
> what don't you plan to work on yet?

Currently I'm updating libwmf to include the gdk-pixbuf loader.
And I tried to build GTK+ with
There are still few more or less independent libraries missing
(libbonobo, libbonoboui, libglade, libwnck, vte, libgtop, librsvg, ,
libgtkhtml, libsigc++, libIDL, ORBit2 AND libgsf, libcroco (done),
libzvt plus all the libraries with 'gnome' in the name).

I think all libraries which can be configured & compiled now should come
next.

Already waiting for review/upload from me are:

 libcroco-0.5.1
 libart_lgpl-2.3.16

>From you:

 libIDL
 Orbit2
 libgda

The order of inclusion should be s.th. like the build order instructions
taken from here http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/notes/rninstallation.html

libIDL (Yaakov)
ORBit2 (Yaakov)
intltool
libbonobo
Render ?
Xrender ?
shared-mime-info
gconf
gnome-mime-data
gnome-vfs
libgnome
libart_lgpl (Gerrit)
libglade
libgnomecanvas
libbonoboui
hicolor-icon-theme
gnome-icon-theme
gnome-keyring
libgnomeui
startup-notification
gtk-engines
gnome-themes
gnome-desktop
libwnck
scrollkeeper
gnome-panel
gnome-session
vte
gnome-terminal
libgtop
gail
gnome-applets
metacity
libgsf
libcroco (Gerrit)
librsvg
eel
nautilus
control-center
gtkhtml2
yelp
bug-buddy
libgnomeprint
libgnomeprintui
gtksourceview
gedit
eog
ggv
file-roller
gconf-editor
gnome-utils
gal
gnome-system-monitor
gstreamer
gst-plugins
gnome-media
nautilus-media
gnome-netstatus
gcalctool
gpdf
gucharmap
nautilus-cd-burner
zenity
gnome-speech
at-spi
gnome-mag
gnopernicus
gok
epiphany
gnomemeeting
gnome-games
gnome2-user-docs

So who wants to help just pick one from the top of the list where no
name is noted and start building.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=