[Good to go] TeXmacs

Andreas Seidl seidlcw@gmx.net
Wed Feb 18 13:47:00 GMT 2004

@Daniel Reed: This refers to the version 1.0.3.3-1, links to the package
are given in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-02/msg00140.html

> Maybe for the next release, there is an empty
> /usr/sbin/TeXmacs/lib directory and also a couple of empty dirs under
> /usr/share/TeXmacs/examples/plugins/../bin
>
> No showstopper so.

Hmm, wouldn't the generic build script be the place to add functionality
to remove empty directories? Doing it by hand adds work, and even worse,
is a possible source for bugs, as a newer release might have actually
files in directories which were empty before, and if overlooked, they
could get removed.

> BTW did you find out the strange error when first starting a fresh TeXmacs:

rtcxr10 is a font for symbols, e.g. the euro sign €. The 1.0.3.2 version
had a bug there, which is resolved meanwhile, so the verbose output
below should stem from the last time you tried the old package. Please
tell me, if you experimented this with the new version.

> TeXmacs] loading rtcxr10 at 600 dpi
> TeXmacs] Executing mktextfm rtcxr10.tfm
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map source abbreviation  for rtcxr10.
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Need to update ?
> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input rtcxr10
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (Web2C 7.4.5)
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexmf rtcxr10
> ! I can't find file `rtcxr10'.
> <*> ...=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input rtcxr10
>
> Please type another input file name
> ! Emergency stop.
> <*> ...=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input rtcxr10
>
> Transcript written on mfput.log.
> mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input rtcxr10' failed.

Ciao,
Andreas.
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/