Question for MaxB: Any hope for fixing the current setup hang?

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Dec 22 16:46:00 GMT 2004

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 22 15:49, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Reini Urban wrote:
>>>
>>> Why not get rid of the complicated tar => bz2 stack and just check for
>>> ".tar.bz2" and use a simplified approach then, which makes sure that the
>>> tar or bz2 part gets properly released. just combine those two into one
>>> interface which makes sure that it is released.
>>
>> Because I've already gone and fixed that code.
>
> Oh, interesting.  So, if the problem is fixed, why didn't you release
> a new setup?

Because the above proposal and my fix do not have anything to do with the
"setup hangs" problem.

They are relating to a handle leak of moderate size, which only bothers
people if the look at setup in tools like Process Explorer.

Max.