Updated: ghostscript-8.15

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed Dec 22 05:23:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 07:31:47AM -0800, Rajesh Balakrishnan wrote:
>I've uploaded the files at my colleague, Mahendra's site.
>
>Version 8.15-1 may be marked as "test", since it is a major release and
>my first attempt at packaging a release.  The .hint says "curr" though.
>
>The files are at ...
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/ghostscript-8.15-1.tar.bz2
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/ghostscript-base/ghostscript-base-8.15-1.tar.bz2
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/ghostscript-x11/ghostscript-x11-8.15-1.tar.bz2
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/ghostscript-8.15-1-src.tar.bz2
>
>The hint files ...
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/gs-base-setup.hint
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/gs-setup.hint
>http://puggy.symonds.net/~mahmk/ghostscript/gs-x11-setup.hint

I've uploaded all of the above to sourceware.org after giving them a
very perfunctory inspection.

I edited the setup.hint files.  The '@ ghostscript' line is an artifact
and should not be used.  And, the prev, curr tags should only be used
when the version sorting is not obvious.

I think that ghostscript is non-core enough that we can get by with
having a few bugs in packaging if you are willing to monitor the cygwin
mailing list and respond to bugs.

Thanks for doing this.  I appreciate your taking over as maintainer.  I
can't believe that it has been more than two years since the last
release.

cgf