[ITP] ISC dhcp-3.0.1

Robb, Sam sam.robb@timesys.com
Tue Aug 17 21:06:00 GMT 2004

I would like to contribute and maintain the ISC dhcp package:

    Source     : <http://www.oneparticularharbor.net/cygwin/dhcp/dhcp-3.0.1-1-src.tar.bz2>
    Binary     : <http://www.oneparticularharbor.net/cygwin/dhcp/dhcp-3.0.1-1.tar.bz2>
    setup.hint : <http://www.oneparticularharbor.net/cygwin/dhcp/setup.hint>

To quote from the web page:

    ISC's Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Distribution
    provides a freely redistributable reference implementation
    of all aspects of the DHCP protocol, through a suite of
    DHCP tools:

    * A DHCP server
    * A DHCP client
    * A DHCP relay agent

    These tools all use a modular API which is designed to be
    sufficiently general that it can easily be made to work
    on POSIX-compliant operating systems and also non-POSIX
    systems like Windows NT and MacOS.

This build was based on the original Cygwin patches for 3.0.1rc11
from http://www.angelfire.com/linux/skip/dhcp/, and also includes
the PXE patches from http://pxe-toolkit.sourceforge.net/web-site.html

The package provides all tools and utilities, though everything save
the dhcp server is untested.  There's still some work to be done to
get the default configuration set up properly so it will run "OOB" if
desired.

Now, you might be thinking "Hey, I've seen this before" - and you'd be
correct... http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00189.html

Back then, the package managed to pick up the required three votes, but
not a GTG review.  Work considerations kept me away from fixing some
of the obvious packaging problems until now, and it's been long enough
that I figured the appropriate thing to do would be to start the ITP
process over again.

-Samrobb