GIFs in the tcm binary package [was: Re: Pending package status, 2003-09-29]

Daniel Bößwetter daniel@daniel-boesswetter.de
Mon Sep 29 10:57:00 GMT 2003

Hi Ronald,

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

>I just downloaded the binary package and found a lot of GIF files in them. I
>was wondering whether they were LZW-compressed: `file' doesn't tell met and
>`mozilla' shows them properly, but I was worried anyway (patents in Europe...)

Good point. I dropped the TCM developers a mail to find out which
program they used to create the images. AFAIK, if it is a licensed
program, the distribution of the images is no problem.

Otherwise I would convert them to PNG and change the HTML-pages
accordingly ...

Daniel