new package proposal: suite3270

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Thu Sep 25 20:32:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:02:56PM -0700, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> > Hi All!
> >
> > I've create packages for Paul Mattes's 3270 emulator suite.  These are
>
> Cool!  Has my vote (even though I don't have any mainframe to access).
>
> Is it actually necessary to create a package for each emulator?  Are
> they that big???

Nope, they aren't really all that big, but functionally they are separate
programs.  The real reason is that there is a version which uses Curses
(ncurses), and version which uses tcltk and a version which uses
X-windows (and a version which needs no support packages expect for the
cygwin runtime itself).  I figured that, instead of one package which
would require all three of those other heavy-weight packages to be
installed at the same time, separate packages would be more sensible.
I'm willing to listen to reason, however :)

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>