Pending Packages List, 2003-10-28 [fontconfig]

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Oct 28 19:51:00 GMT 2003

Daniel,

Daniel Reed wrote:

> Package: fontconfig 2.2.0-1
>    Proposer: Harold L Hunt II
>    Proposal: cygwin-apps-thread.11823@cygwin.com
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/fontconfig-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/fontconfig-2.2.0-1-src.tar.bz2
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/setup.hint
>        Also: libfontconfig1  [Font configuration and customization library. (runtime)]
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/libfontconfig1/libfontconfig1-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/libfontconfig1/setup.hint
>        Also: libfontconfig-devel  [Font configuration and customization library. (development)]
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/libfontconfig-devel/libfontconfig-devel-2.2.0-1.tar.bz2
>              http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/fontconfig/libfontconfig-devel/setup.hint
>  Good to go: Gerrit P. Haase (cygwin-apps-thread.11825) (once problems are addressed)
>    Problems: etc/fonts/ should be created by postinstall, not included in tar (cygwin-apps-thread.11825)
>              What about those who already have XFree86 installed and do now an install of fontconfig in usr/... then I'll have the libs and headers duplicated. (cygwin-apps-thread.11826)
>   Aye votes: Gerrit P. Haase (cygwin-apps-thread.11773) [1/3]
>    HOLD-UPS: Not enough votes (need 2 more). Unresolved minor problems.

etc/fonts was fixed in my second request for review:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00379.html

Installation will be made simultaneously with new XFree86-* packages, so
duplicate headers and libs should not be a problem.

In any case, I will probably be posting this soonish.

Harold