Pending Packages List, 2003-10-24 [tcm]

Mon Oct 27 04:33:00 GMT 2003

> Package: tcm 2.20-1
>    Proposer: Daniel Boesswetter
>    Proposal: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-01/msg00299.html
>              http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm-2.20-1.tar.bz2
>              http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm-2.20-1-src.tar.bz2
>              http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/setup.hint
>    HOLD-UPS: Not reviewed.

The source package is a little strange.  It doesn't seem to follow
either method 1 or method 2.  However, it's very close to method 2 --
just a little tweaking.  Daniel, see http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html
for more info.

The binary package is laid out thus:

/usr/X11R6/bin/
/usr/X11R6/man/
/usr/X11R6/share/tcm-2.20/ < runtime help >
/usr/X11R6/doc/tcm-2.20/  < html docu >
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/tcm-2.20.README

So, here's the question for the list.  For the cygwin-specific README in
a X-related package, where should it go?

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/  like "normal" packages?
/usr/X11/doc/Cygwin/ ?
/usr/X11/share/doc/Cygwin/ ?

I lean toward /usr/X11/doc/Cygwin/  just in the interests of keeping all
things X-related under /usr/X11R6/...

Subject to resolution of that issue, and slight reworking of the source
package to conform with method2 (basically, just adapt the
generic-build-script), this looks good.

--
Chuck