Patch to generic-build-script for listing package files

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sat Oct 25 20:47:00 GMT 2003

I spent a number of hours pondering how the other package maintainers
create the list of files that goes into a package readme.  The list is
different than can be made easily with find because find lists
directories by default (and the readmes I have seen do not list
directories) and prepends "./" onto the file names.  I finally made a
quick command-line that generates this list.  I figured it would be nice
to add a command to the generic build script so that others don't have
to ponder about how to create this list in the future.

I therefore added a command to the generic build script called "list"
that lists the files in .inst in the desired format.  This list can then
be copied and pasted into the readme.  Please see the attached patch.

I am sure that now I will be told "oh, there is a really easy way to do
it and it goes like this...", but I figured I would at least send the
patch for others to comment on.

Harold