Pending Packages List, 2003-10-17

Sat Oct 18 19:02:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I don't think so.  The X11 packages are prefixed to /usr/X11 entirely.
> Ther's no need to move stuff from /usr/X11R6/share to /usr/share.

I agree with Corinna: almost everything in an X11 package should be in
the /usr/X11R6 heirarchy.  The exceptions being: /etc/X11 stuff, and
cygwin-packaging stuff like /etc/postinstall scripts & /etc/preremove
scripts.

IMO, even cygwin specific documentation (which, in non-X packages, goes
into /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/* and /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/*) should go
instead into /usr/X11R6/share/doc/Cygwin/* and
/usr/X11R6/share/doc/<pkgname>/*)

--
Chuck