Updated: perl-5.8.1-2, ready for upload

Daniel Reed n@ml.org
Thu Oct 9 16:52:00 GMT 2003

On 2003-10-09T13:56+0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
) http://anfaenger.de/cygwin-1.5/perl/setup.hint
 [...]
) system can handle Perl scripts."
) prev: 5.6.1-2
) curr: 5.8.0-5
) test: 5.8.1-2

That setup.hint actually lists	The existing [live] setup.hint lists
prev: 5.6.1-2			prev: 5.6.1-2
curr: 5.8.0-4			curr: 5.8.0-5
test: 5.8.1-1			test: 5.8.1-1

Existing versions are:
perl-5.6.1-2
perl-5.8.0-5
perl-5.8.1-1

New is:
perl-5.8.1-2

I think you want me to remove perl-5.8.1-1 and change setup.hint to list
test as 5.8.1-2, right?

Also, there was no new setup.hint for perl_manpages, and the only existing
version is perl_manpages-5.8.0-5. Without an updated setup.hint, when I
upload perl_manpages-5.8.1-2 I believe that will be marked as "current" in
setup. Should I edit the existing setup.hint to list:
curr: 5.8.0-5
test: 5.8.1-2
or will it be alright for perl_manpages not to match perl? (Even if so for
technical reasons, it might not look right stylisticly.)

Thanks,
--
Daniel Reed <n@ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
"A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep."