1.5.5 package issue

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Thu Oct 2 15:00:00 GMT 2003

William A. Hoffman wrote:

>A 1.3.x cmake would be able to work with a gcc for 1.3.x or
>a gcc for 1.5.x.   I would suspect that there are folks out there that
>have a cygwin install that has gcc that is not 1.5.x based.

There are *lots*  and lots of incompatibilities using different cygwin
utilities with different release dates... I think that the *only* cygwin
release "meant to be somewhat supported by the mailing list" is the
latest... supporting the "n!" possibilities would be crazy...

To say "older (may be) better" wuold have sense if cygwin had "unstable
/ stable" branch like Debian, but being a single branch either you
upgrade *nothing at all* or you do upgrade everything.

Of course it's possible to want a new cmake *only* upgrading nothing
else: that's what the source package is for, isn't it? ^_^

This all, IMveryHO ^_^

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)