automated PPL

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Tue Nov 18 22:30:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:45:13PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Daniel Reed wrote:
> >
> >> On 2003-11-18T13:27-0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >> ) On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> ) > On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:59:11PM -0500, Daniel Reed wrote:
> >> ) > >Well, I hammered something out last night and came up with
> >> ) > >http://shell.n.ml.org/n/cygwin-apps/
> >> ) > Looks pretty cool.
> >> ) Yep, very cool.  Daniel, could we have this up on cygwin.com somewhere so
> >> ) that it's in the CVS and others can see the source for the scripts?  I can
> >> ) think of a couple of patches I'd like to submit...
> >>
> >> Sure thing. How exactly do I go about doing that? My account on sources was
> >> originally in the cygwin-apps group, and when I had that corrected they just
> >> added me to cygwin (so I'm still in both).
> >> [snip]
> >
> >I believe the "right" thing to do in this particular case is to ask
> >CGF.  You may already have the necessary access, so we should simply
> >create a subdirectory somewhere under htdocs in the cygwin CVS root...
> >Again, it's up to CGF to decide where this goes (preferably a permanent
> >place that we could simply link to afterwards).
>
> If this is just one file, then it should go in the cygwin htdocs as is.
> If it is multiple files, then it should go in its own subdirectory,
> obviously.
>
> Igor, could you work with Daniel on this?  I don't have any strong feelings
> about layout other than the above.  If you need cgi scripts you can put
> them in the directory that currently exists in cygwin's htdocs.
>
> cgf

Sure, as long as Daniel has commit access to the cygwin-apps/htdocs
repository.  He should be able to control this part of it.  In fact, do I
have commit access there?  I only know for sure of the cygwin/htdocs one.

Also, what is the policy on scripts outside of the cgi-bin directory
(e.g., through the cgi-script handler in the .htaccess file)?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu