Maintainers/Packages List, 2003-11-01

Frédéric L. W. Meunier fredlwm@fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 1 19:12:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Daniel Reed wrote:

> ) libintl                 Charles Wilson          !!! last updated 2001-12-18
> ) libintl1                Charles Wilson          !!! last updated 2001-12-13
> We have 0.10.38 and 0.10.40, respectively, whereas freshmeat lists gettext
> as being at 0.12.1 (and our libintl is in the "gettext" directory).

0.12.1 is also in Cygwin.

And let's see something...

cygintl-1.dll (libintl1-0.10.40-1): textutils grep findutils
cygpcre.dll (libpcre-4.1-1): grep

I still have to keep these DLLs because such packages weren't
rebuilt. Sure, there may be many more, as I don't do a full
install.

> ) libungif                Lapo Luchini            !!! last updated 2002-07-14
> This is also not in freshmeat, but NetBSD at least seems to have the same
> version we do (4.1.0). I can not seem to access the project's main site,
> though.

There's no current version. The project is plain dead. I used
to have a cvs checkout of the repository but deleted it. It
went away before rest of the site.

Lapo, any news since
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00025.html ?

> ) textutils               Matthew Smith           !!! last updated 2002-02-19
> Our version is 2.0.21, whereas the vendor (GNU) has withdrawn the
> "textutils" package and has consolidated it with fileutils and sh-utils into
> "GNU Coreutils", which is at version 5.0.

Matthew, any news since
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-08/msg00238.html
?

--