Bin/Src checkboxes in setup.exe

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 22 23:18:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Or even a separate Sources category...

I like this...

The only difficulty I see with it is a bit of confusion w.r.t. "which
version" of the sources.  Basically, if I click around to the
development version of 'foo' (say, 1.3.2), I have to ALSO click around
to the development version of 'foo-src'.  Currently, that's all one step.

Not that I've ever done it; I tend to download sources by hand and don't
use setup for that -- not because setup isn't a great tool, but because
I must logout/login-as-Admin to run it...

I suppose I could skip the logout/login if ALL I was doing was
downloading a source package (but then, I couldn't download the binpkg
and srcpkg all in one step, so the "advantage" of keeping -src with bin
(e.g. not in a separate Sources category) is null).

--Chuck