juggling patches...

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Thu Mar 20 20:23:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 01:46, Max Bowsher wrote:

> > Is the shudder over Tom, or arch ? If Tom, then I can understand ;]. If
> > arch itself - have you tried a recent version? I've found arch to be
> > incredibly useful, making some of the things I'd fought with CVS to make
> > happen trivial. (Notably disconnected work and local branches).
>
> Disconnected work becomes less of a fight if you rsync the repository to
> your local box, and use shell aliases to pass appropriate -d options. It's
> not totally transparent, but it works well.

Except you can't checkin to that repository. And you can't create
branches in it. If you want to take that route, cvsup is even better
than rsync because you can then checkin to local branches - but you have
to be *very* careful to prevent name collisions.
I've actually spent some time on this :}.

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.