Unifying Exception types in setup

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Sun Mar 16 20:00:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 21:53, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Makes sense. I'll wait for Robert to explain why setup has 2 different
> exception paradigms, and which one can be removed, and if we keep Exception,
> whether we can junk appErrNo, and replace it with derived classes as you
> suggest.

appErrNo is useful because it allows easy discrimination between the
exception that occured, without multiple catch blocks. I'm not wedded to
it by any means though.

Setup has the Exception class for it's own handleable exceptions. We use
runtime_error for instance, because it's the appropriate exception for a
runtime-error.

For the bulk of the exit() calling routines, I suspect runtime_error is
appropriate.

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.