Not^H^H^HWilling to maintain man

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 18:04:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 07:24:17AM -0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>Oh poo, I used the wrong subject didn't I? ;-)

"Mail to me, to some other mailing list, or use of a different subject
will immediately disqualify you from this special offer."

Maybe you thought I was kidding.  I wasn't, really.

This was an entrance exam.  I was thinking that someone who could follow
instructions would probably not require a lot of "Oh.  How do I put it
in .tar.bz2 format now?" type of interactions.

However, since you've already demonstrated that you know this stuff,
I'll let it slide.

It's all yours.  You may want to go back to basics and grab a Red Hat
man-1.5j-* RPM from which this is based and see what's different, I
didn't capture the differences between this and what I released,
although I kept meaning to do that.  You might want to consider using
some other type of packaging scheme other than the cgf lazy-man
packaging, too.

I don't have much insight into this package.  I do wonder if there is a
better version out there somewhere, though.  This one has a lot of
linuxisms and bashisms in it.  It doesn't cross compile either, which is
an issue for me but probably not for most.

cgf