Pending packages status

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 7 20:49:00 GMT 2003

Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> My work here is simple - keep a list of packages so people won't forget
> about them. Now I see that I've overestimated my responsibilities
> for which I apologise. The important thing is to keep the packages coming.

Don't go away mad.  I heartily appreciate your efforts to prevent
contributions from getting lost.  (It's not like we have so many
contributors that we can afford to alienate them by forgetting about
their contribution).

I took your [original] comments to be just like those of any other
reviewer: subject to disagreement (and revision).  We can
agree/disagree/argue on the list about specific requirements for
specific packages or for packages in general; the goal is to get good
packages into the distribution.  IMO, this entire discussion is
unrelated to the admirable job you're doing with the
list-of-pending-contributions.  [Which is now up to almost 10,
unfortunately -- and I've got two more to add soon <g>]

--Chuck