setup and bison

gmilner@csw.L-3com.com gmilner@csw.L-3com.com
Sat Mar 1 22:01:00 GMT 2003

Just in case this is helpful information to anyone.

I just (2003/03/01) downloaded and installed everything from the latest
cygwin using setup.exe
on a "cygwin clean" fully patched NT4.0 machine.
I then downloaded  the cvs source for setup.exe.
Of course I re-read the mostly up-to-date instructions from:
"http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html"
"http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html"
"http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html"

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ ../setup-cvs/configure -C --enable-dependencies --disable-shared
--host=i686-pc-mingw32 --build=i686-pc-cygwin  --enable-maintainer-mode
$ make
make failed: complaining about label yyerrlab1 being defined but not used in
iniparse.cc.
I used setup.exe to replace bison-1.875 with the older bison-1.75.
Cleaned up the build directory and rebuild with bison being the only thing
changed.
SUCCESS.

George
(Virtual Janitor / Network Proctologist)

PS Apologies for not having the expertise and/or time to find the exact
problem.