[ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-12 is available (fwd)

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Mon Jan 27 13:44:00 GMT 2003

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> When I've uploaded the new emacs package (21.2-12) to
> sources.redhat.com some days ago I didn't touch the setup.hint files.
> I know that the script whichs builds setup.ini should take care of
> the version information.

Unless you explicitly override it in setup.hint.

> It seems it did his job well for the main emacs package, but didn't
> succed for emacs-X11 and emacs-el. Both setup.hint files contained old
> information:

> curr: 21.2-11
> prev: 21.2-9
>
> The curr and prev lines were added by me, when I've uploaded the
> previous emacs update (21.2-11), not only for emacs-X11 and
> emacs-el, but also for emacs. It this a bug in the script which
> processes setup.hint files or it's me ? :)

setup.hint files are hints to upset (the script which makes setup.ini).

If you hint to it that curr is 21.2-11, then it will believe you.

IIRC, explicit versions are only required in setup.hint if:
 - there is a test package
 - the upstream package version numbers are too weird for upset to decide
which is current on its own.

Max.