proposal: ioperm support for Cygwin

Marcel Telka marcel@telka.sk
Thu Jan 23 15:45:00 GMT 2003

Napísané d??a 2003.01.23 13:44, (autor: Max Bowsher):
> Marcel Telka wrote:
> > No patch is required. Is empty patch file a problem?
>
> It's potentially confusing.
> I see you have the build script running echo "patch -p0 < patchfile".
> I.e. - echoing a command that it does not run.

Fixed.

> That's also confusing.
>
> Simply don't include a patchfile.

Removed empty patch file.

> > There is probably missing ioperm.sys in /usr/bin directory. Full
> > installation is required. Either using `make install` or by full
> > unpacking of the ioperm-0.3-1.tar.bz2 package in /.
>
> At this stage, it is best to start using Cygwin setup to test
> installation.

Created setup.ini file. Current URL for Cygwin setup is
http://telka.sk/ioperm/2003-01-23.1/

> Also, it would be nice to add a preremove script that runs ioperm -u
> before

Added.

> the package is removed. To support this better, it would also be nice
> for
> ioperm -u to distinguish between 'Uninstallation failed' and 'ioperm
> was not
> installed'.

Fixed.

Thank you, Max!

New reincarnation of the ioperm proposal is at:
http://telka.sk/ioperm/2003-01-23.1/ioperm-0.3-1-src.tar.bz2
http://telka.sk/ioperm/2003-01-23.1/ioperm-0.3-1.tar.bz2
http://telka.sk/ioperm/2003-01-23.1/setup.hint

URL for Cygwin setup:
http://telka.sk/ioperm/2003-01-23.1/

# $Id: setup.hint,v 1.3 2003/01/23 08:46:19 telka Exp $

sdesc: "ioperm support for Cygwin"
ldesc: "This package adds support for ioperm()/iopl() functions to
Cygwin.
This support includes sys/io.h and sys/perm.h header files together
with development and runtime libraries."
category: Devel Libs System
requires: cygwin libpopt0
test: 0.3-1