"Mirrors list order is snafued" - What is the order supposed to be?

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Mon Jan 20 08:59:00 GMT 2003

Robert Collins wrote:

>But: even after that is done, I think we should reexamine the sorting
>concept, and perhaps sort by the sources.redhat.com order (for us->site
>speed), or perhaps user mirrors then official, etc.

I guess the best would be to sort by "ping time" (smalest to bigger) to
help reduce unnecessary trans-oceanic downloads.
But of course it would need to check them each time... or may it be
cached in the local setup.ini?

Also: setup.bz2 couln't be checked for size/date and not be downloaded
again each time? Just a MINOR issue of course.

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)