"Mirrors list order is snafued" - What is the order supposed to be?

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Wed Jan 15 20:06:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 04:22, Max Bowsher wrote:
> setup/README asserts that "Mirrors list orer is snafued".
>
> What particular order is it supposed to have?

Well, thats whats broken. It's not sorting the way the current released
setup does.

It simply needs the < operator to do the same thing as the previous
generated-string-for-comparison.

But: even after that is done, I think we should reexamine the sorting
concept, and perhaps sort by the sources.redhat.com order (for us->site
speed), or perhaps user mirrors then official, etc.

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.