Integrating Ralf's rebase into setup.exe

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de
Thu Jan 2 18:15:00 GMT 2003

> Not really -- it doesn't compile anymore.  Among other things:

You have gotten me just between finishing the things. I was interrupted a little
after written the last mail, so 10 minutes later is was mostly fixed.

> 0) Update the changelog when you do stuff.  (You renamed the library
> itself, and that doesn't rate a mention in the ChangeLog?)

fixed
> 1) you need to 'cvs add imagehelper.h'
>     (and 'rm imagehlp.h && cvs remove imagehlp.h')
>     This is the biggie -- all of the .cc files now look for
> imagehelper.h -- but it isn't in CVS.

fixed
> 2) you probably should also
>     rm imagehlpdebug.cc && cvs remove imagehlpdebug.cc
>     since you're actually using the nearly identical 'debug.cc' file
> instead.

fixed
> 3) Makefile rule for REBASE_FILES should be changed back to
> REBASE_FILES=rebase_main.o version.o $(LIB_TARGET_FILE)

fixed

> 4) You probably should use "ar cru" to create your static library, "ar
> qf" will flake unless you ranlib it each time.
>

> 5) is the 'bindimage.cc' file used at all?

it is used in rebind_main.cc.

Ralf