Request to add a new package: ccdoc

Pavel Tsekov ptsekov@gmx.net
Wed Feb 26 09:35:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Joe Linoff wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I have a package that I would like to add to cygwin.

http://ccdoc.sourceforge.net/cygwin/ccdoc-0.8-39-src.tar.bz2
                                          ^^^^^^
http://ccdoc.sourceforge.net/cygwin/ccdoc-0.8-39.tar.bz2
                                          ^^^^^^

What is the actual version of this software ? A Cygwin package
uses the following format for package versions:

  A.B.C-D

Where "A.B.C" is the vendor version number and "D" is Cygwin specific
package version. Let's say you want to package version 5.6 of some
software. The first Cygwin package will have version 5.6-1. If you find a
bug in 5.6-1 and fix it, then you'll release 5.6-2 and so on.

For more information on this matter visit this link:
http://cygwin.com/setup.html#naming

So, I suggest you to change the version number, in every place, where it
appears, to match the Cygwin package conventions. Then we'll proceed
further with the package review.