pdksh package proposal

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 09:48:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:03:17AM -0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/pdksh-5.2.14-1-src.tar.bz
> 2
> http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/pdksh-5.2.14-1.tar.bz2
> http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/setup.hint
>
> category: Shells
> requires: cygwin
> sdesc:    "A public domain ksh"
> ldesc:    "PD-ksh is a clone of the AT&T Korn shell. At the moment,
> it has most of the ksh88 features, not much of the ksh93
> features, and a number of it's own features."

This has my vote.

I reviewed the packaging and I found one problems in the binary package:

Even though you install the /etc files via postinstall script, they
are already installed in /etc.  This way they do overwrite the already
existing files and the postinstall script will do basically nothing.

Red Hat, Inc.