Time to kill the "diff" empty upgrade helper?

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Sun Feb 9 21:34:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 01:40:14AM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> It's been about 8 months since diff became diffutils.
>>
>> Time to get rid of diff? Or at least mark it [prev]?
>
> Is it hurting anything to keep it around?  We know that people
> sometimes wait years before updating.

Not hurting, really. More like just looking untidy. I was thinking that it
wouldn't be a bad idea to streamline "Base", and started with the most
obvious target. (I'm currently running without "diff", "ncurses", "readline"
and "login", to test whether they are suitable candidates for
un-"Base"-ing.)

Max.