base-files-mketc.sh

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Tue Feb 4 11:39:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 05:26, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> True, but doesn't mean we can't do it on initial install, at least.  We
> could also pop up a warning box...  This actually gives merit to the idea
> of the "Advanced" button, since most users probably will not go there.

'Advanced' buttons are usually a form of "unbreak me".

We don't need an advanced button, nor do we need to change the
/cygdrive/ prefix in setup. What we need is to install correctly
regardless of the prefix, and to install in such a way that changing the
prefix later will not break things.

Fin.

Rob
--