base-files-mketc.sh

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 3 17:29:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> Having recently installed Cygwin on a new machine, I noticed that the
> symbolic links to the base files in /etc use Cygwin syntax
> (/cygdrive/c/....).
> They break when /cygdrive is modified, which is frequently the case on a
> new install.
> It would be more robust (and easier and efficient) to use the Windows
> paths in the symlinks.
>
> Pierre

Pierre,

FYI, base-files-mketc.sh uses the `cygpath -u ...` syntax to get the
directory.  Thus, if your cygdrive prefix is changed *before* the
postinstall scripts run, the script should pick up the correct one.  If
you change your cygdrive prefix *after* the install, you're bound to break
all kinds of things anyway, and you should verify that nothing on your
system uses the old prefix.

One possible compromise would be to allow user control of the cygdrive
prefix from setup.exe...  I'll look to see how much change that would
require.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune