libwin32-perl-0.191 (ready for upload and testing)

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Dec 31 01:39:00 GMT 2003

rkitover wrote:
> Hi Gerrit,
>
> Thanks so much for testing my package! What a mess :)

Gerrit,

Now that it seems we'll be providing perl module packages, I think we
should come up with some sort of naming standard for consistency.  For
example, Red Hat prefixes their perl packages with "perl-" and generally
uses the same case as is found on CPAN.  So if we were to adopt this
route, this package would be perl-libwin32-0.191-1.

Also, may I suggest we make a "release" subdir especially for perl
modules on the mirrors (like XFree86)?  This way we can keep the perl
modules neatly tucked away in their own subdir hierarchy, rather then
cluttering up the already growing release TLD.  Just a thought...

Some other food for thought:

1) Man pages are good, especially since they can be indexed and keyed.
    Have builders use make manifypods prior to make install.

2) Try not to clobber the perllocal.pod, but rather come up with a way
    to update it (perhaps regenerate it from a pool of fragments?).

3) Make a vendorinstalldir for Cygwin, to keep our mods separate from
    user's local mods, but provide a stable api for dependencies like
    mod-perl or what-not.

Cheers,
Nicholas