Pending Packages List, 2003-12-19

seidlcw@gmx.net seidlcw@gmx.net
Fri Dec 19 20:47:00 GMT 2003

Daniel Reed wrote:

> ** PACKAGE PROPOSERS ** Please verify these fields **

> Package: ccrypt 1.6-1  [2003-12-14]
>    Proposer: Andreas Seidl
>    Proposal: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00207.html
>            Release directory (for use with setup.exe):
>              http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/
>              http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/ccrypt-1.6-1.tar.bz2
>              http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/ccrypt-1.6-1-src.tar.bz2
>              http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin/release/ccrypt/setup.hint
>   Aye votes: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak [1/3]
>    HOLD-UPS: Not enough votes (need 2 more). No "good to go" review.

Actually, Stipe Tolj voted pro as well (see follow up to my ITP).

Two remarks, as an incentive to get a review:

The package builds basically out of the box, but then there is a
dependency to crypt, due to the backwards compatibility mode.
Correspondence with the author revealed, that by changing a line in the
configure.in file (and running autoconf) one can archive, that ccrypt
uses its own drop-in replacement.

To try it out (-t is for the "timid", i.e. the password is asked twice):

seidl@BELLARMIN ~
$ ccencrypt -t mypasswds.txt
Enter encryption key:
Enter encryption key: (repeat)