kerberos and cvs

Pavel Tsekov ptsekov@gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 08:20:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Charles Wilson wrote:

> However, here's the problem:
>    1) I know nothing about kerberos.  I don't even know enough to test it.

I use CVS at work with the gserver method i.e. GSS api. At least I have a
setup where I can test your work.

>    2) I do NOT want to maintain this beastly piece of software.
> However, I understand it is quite popular and would probably be a
> welcome addition to the cygwin system.
>
>    3) This port does NOT contain the niceties like "ssh-host-config"
> scripts and whatnot.  A fully-fledged cygwin port should probably
> install things like that, and maybe even hook into the sysvinit system
> that Sergey contributed.

Why ? Do we want to run kerberos KDC ? I don't think so, or at least it
is not necessary to run kerberized cvs. The KDC in our setup is a Win2k
Active Directory. For cvs you only need client libs and tools.

> So, I put these packages up in the hope that someone will adopt them,
> and bring them into the cygwin fold.  If so, then I'll continue on my
> current track with cvsnt (which hopefully will eventually lead to
> functioning cvs servers...)

I may be interested to maintain this of course as time allows.