Subject: Re: Texinfo of the cygwin API Reference and User's Guide

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 18:37:00 GMT 2002

Sorry about the slow movement on this. The short of it is that
my "spare" machine, a 200Mhz laptop, in now being borrowed by a
PC-less friend long-term (many months). This was my linux box and
I am now left with my Cygwin/win2k machine. Unfortunately, as stated
in other posts, I could not get all the prerequisite perl modules for
the docbook2x (sgml docbook->texinfo) translator to work on Cygwin.
(This may be fixable, I don't know. )

Anyway, so at the present I am not able to build texinfo forms of the
documentation, but I do have working relatively up-to-date texinfo of
the User's Guide and API Reference. If it were just cygwin-doc
concerned, I would without hesitation dump the sgml docbook files and
switch to just texinfo. However, I think a lot more people use the
User's Guide on the website. I still think that switching to
all-texinfo for documentation is the right choice, but I would like
some additional feedback (and permission, of course) before making
such a big change.