Exim

Pierre A. Humblet Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org
Sun Sep 8 18:42:00 GMT 2002

At 06:36 PM 9/7/2002 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Pierre, as someone in the cygwin mailing list noticed, this was
>never announced.  Please send an announcement to cygwin-announce
>using the standard format.

OK, it's coming. I didn't realize we announced test versions.

I have only gotten positive feedback so far, so I am inclined
to make it normal, not test.
I also have a next release coming with an improved README and
better handling of ntsec in exim-config.

In testing the package I noticed that exim has WSAENOBUFS
problems on Win95/98/Me with the July dll.
It's fine now with the CVS. Probably
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q3/msg00233.html
I am kicking myself for not noticing it immediately. I guess
I was too focused on the ntsec changes.

That means the announcement should point to a stable snapshot
after Aug 7 for Win95/98/ME. Any recommendation?
Or are we better off delaying the exim announcement until
after the next Cygwin release?

Pierre