a final (?) feature request for setup

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Fri Nov 29 09:36:00 GMT 2002

Kris Thielemans <kris.thielemans@csc.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd really like that the end-box with 'create icon on desk top' and
> 'add icon to start menu' has the check boxes not ticked when a
> desk top' not checked all the time).
> Or maybe I can do that with the command line options, but it's so
> easy to click on the cygwin page...

Oh yes. I submitted a kludge ages back, but it was too kludgy to make it
into CVS.

Unfortunately, to do this not kludgily requires a decent options-persistence
mechanism - which is on the cards, but not here yet.

> By the way, any particular reason why setup is not in the bash path?

Because setup does not install itself.

The user downloads it and puts it where they want.

Max.