[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-20021117-1

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Tue Nov 26 04:58:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

Monday, 25 November, 2002 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

>>>Wouldn't that mean that it should be added somehow to _cygwin_dll_entry
>>>winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/cygwin_dll.h ?
>>
>>It only have to be called during application (or library, in case of
>> app.exe->x1.dll->x2.dll) initialization.

CF> Did you look at the cygwin_dll.h file?  Are you saying that you don't
CF> think the call should go there?

It can go there. But if it's put there, then fixups will be performed
on x1.dll's refeneces to data in x2.dll only. As far as i understand,
if we put fixup code to cygwin_dll.h, then we must also add it to
startup code for app.exe.

It's my understanding that dll_crt0_1 is the piece of code that's activated
at binary startup if the binary is linked with libcygwin.a; and it
doesn't matter if binary is executable or dll. But obviously, i may be
wrong here, please correct me if so.