Fw: Detecting NetworkSimplicity in setup.exe

Mark Bradshaw bradshaw@staff.crosswalk.com
Tue Nov 19 14:04:00 GMT 2002

 Maybe some of it would.  I think the problem is that the cygwin installer
 assumes that you actually know about cygwin and want to install it.  I
think
 there's a lot of windows folks who hear about ssh/openssh and want it, but
 don't know about or want the cygwin environment.  They just want to push
 "next" a few times and have an openssh server, never mind this bash stuff.
 I'm not sure you can really "fix" the cygwin installer, since it's not
 broken.  It's just too general for the task.

 As I've told Rob I've about reached the end of my interest in doing a
 separate package.  In fact that's been the case for a while, but I'm not
 sure I have any good input on how to handle this problem in another fashion
 other than a separate install process.  I'd certainly be willing to help if
 someone has a suggestion.

 Mark

<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>