Updated sysvinit package available for review/upload

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:43:00 GMT 2002

Charles Wilson wrote:

> the minor confusion that might be engendered by the fact that sysvinit
> contains section 8 manpages for programs it does not supply.  (shutdown,
> halt, reboot, ) Plus, they probabaly are not correct with regards to the
> actual binaries supplied by the shutdown package.
>
> But that's your bailiwick, Corinna, not mine.

My bad.  I missed the fact that Sergey has already removed the
"offending" man pages.  I also missed that you had already suggested
that he do this.  Problem solved.

> Oh, just one other thing -- a minor stylistic issue with the
> /etc/postinstall script.  Personally, I don't like "magic morphing
> scripts" that behave differently if they are in /etc/postinstall or in
> /usr/bin.  IMO, /etc/postinstall/sysvinit.sh shouldn't copy itself to
> /usr/bin/init-config.  Instead, the parts that are actually ACTIVE when
> the script is in it's "init-config personality" should simply be
> HERE-documented into a separate script in /usr/bin.
>
> But that's purely my opinion; others may differ.  It's definitely NOT a
> showstopper.

Again, the ^^^^ is not a showstopper.

--Chuck