initscripts package available for review/upload

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Nov 13 14:13:00 GMT 2002

Sergey Okhapkin <sos@prospect.com.ru> wrote:

> Creating a new inittab.default will not activate the package. That's
> why I prefer to save an existing inittab and create a new one.

/etc/inittab should absolutely not be packaged as such, because otherwise
setup will delete it (and may therefore destroy user configuration) at
package reinstalls/upgrades/uninstalls.

The configfile.default + postinstall script copying configfile.default to
configfile if it does not exist is a reasonably well accepted Cygwin
packaging method. Why not do that?

Max.