[ITP] ccache

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sat May 18 19:40:00 GMT 2002

Out of curiousity, has anyone tried this:

  http://ccache.samba.org/

on cygwin?  It seems to provides an amazing speedup for compilations.
It builds OOTB.

On linux, this makes my cygwin builds so fast, that it almost seems
like I could get rid of dependency checking and just always rebuild
everything.

cgf

sdesc: "A C compiler cache for improving recompilation"
ldesc: "ccache is a compiler cache.  It acts as a caching pre-processor to
C/C++ compilers, using the -E compiler switch and a hash to detect when
a compilation can be satisfied from cache.  This often results in a 5 to
10 times speedup in common compilations."
category: Devel
requires: gcc