apache keep-alives keep hanging

Stipe Tolj tolj@wapme-systems.de
Thu May 16 06:08:00 GMT 2002

Corinna and the others,

we'll need to have some kind of signal passing problem on Cygwin level
for Apache's child httpd processes.

As you may see from http://apache.dev.wapme.net/server-status the
childs don't seem to gracefully timeout when the parent process tells
them after timeout to do so.

I solved this by sending SIGKILL instead of SIGUSR2 in Apache's source
code. But I guess this is more a of a kludge then a solution.

Unfortunatly the interprocess signal passing problems appears at
high-load only. If someone of the core DLL guys and galls can check
this, please?!

I'll switch apache-1.3.24-5 to -6 and add the necessary code to use
SIGKILL instead of the usual signaling.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG