Setup.exe release-candidate

Michael A Chase mchase@ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 19 06:17:00 GMT 2002

From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
To: "Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 04:35
Subject: RE: Setup.exe release-candidate

]They would say "Something like that was planned eventually anyway -
]thank you very much for helping".

I'm copying this to cygwin-apps instead of cygwin.

I was planning to do this once the new setup.exe was released and the source
merged, but have absolutely no objection to Max doing it.

My feeling is that the site specific directories are a distraction.  When
downloading, the newest setup.ini found should be the only one saved.  Even
if site specific setup.ini's are desirable, the archive files should still
only be saved in the base tree.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html